Transport service - Roma Capitale - Arriva Italia
Some of the features may not work properly on Internet Explorer. We advice to change browser for the application to work properly

Service for people with disabilities in the municipality of Rome

Arriva Italia – one of the leading local public transport operators Italy – together with Meditral – consortium company specialized in trasportation for healthcare services – on January 10 began to operate the transport service for students with disabilities, special education needs and reduced mobility in the municipality of Roma Capitale.

Arriva Italia will operate 80% of the service, while Meditral the remaining 20%.

The new service will be carried out with more than 240 vehicles specialized in the trasport of passengers with reduced mobility and the same number of dedicated drivers, for a total amount of 228 routes and circa 1000 daily passengers. Every vehicle can carry a maximum of 9 passengers and 2 wheelchairs.

“We are concentrating many efforts and resources in this project because it’s very important for us – says Angelo Costa, Managing Director Arriva Italiawe are proud to be able to offer to the city of Rome a new, efficient and optimal service for people with disabilities, to finally solve a long time heavy and troublesome social problem time for the city”.